Here is a quick and easy guide to writing your covering letter.
For us, your cover letter is just an easy way to get a feel for you and your project. It will not determine whether or not we take on your work; it will just make our lives easier. Please write your covering letter into the body of your submission email, not as an attachment.
Here is all you need:
- Start with a greeting and your name (Hello, my name is Jo Doe.)
- Tell us why you’re writing (I am writing to submit my story AUGUST,)
- Tell us what you’re submitting and how long it is (which is a 50,000-word non-fiction narrative about the month of August.)
- Tell us a little bit about the work (This story delves into the history, etymology, historical events and seasonal traits of the month around the world.)
- Tell us a little bit about you (I am a 40-year-old trans woman from Bedfordshire,)
- Tell us a little bit about what you do, have done or would like to do (and I teach primary school English. I am very passionate about months of the year. I have previously self-published two other non-fiction books: one about the month of May, and one about September.)
- Close with a nice send-off (Looking forward to hearing from you.)
- Finish with your name and contact information (Jo Doe, Phone: 0000000, email firstname.lastname@example.org)
It’s as easy as that!